Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Chapter 42 - Santa Maria to Hilo rest stop.

Well we discussed the bodily functions in an earlier chapter. We have now reached the 'moment of truth'.

Lyn had climbed into the back and was comfortably quiet when I asked her where the rear view mirror was.


With an hour and a half to go to Hilo, I told Lyn that I didn't need to go, but that by the time we reached Hilo it would be 14 + hours since my last rest stop and I would not like to have a full bladder when landing at Hilo.

"Lyn. I think I will have to give this a try." She turned in her seat to look out the window in the opposite direction. I reached into the back for the screw top milk bottle.

Not too easy getting into a good position in an aircraft seat with a vertical back.

"I'll have to get into a semi reclining position Lyn". "OK" she replied.


"Lyn! The zip on my jeans doesn't come down far enough. I can't bend it that much or I will put a kink in it". Short burst of laughter.


"Lyn! Going to have to take my jeans and underpants down". "Well I had to' she replied.


"Lyn! Still can't bend it enough". Burst of laughter accompanied by shaking of the body.


"Lyn! The hole in the top of the milk bottle is awfully small". Almost continuous laughter with increased shaking of the body.


"Lyn! I've got it in". "That's good" she replied with increased loud laughter.


"Lyn! There's a problem. The bottle is in a vertical upright position. Seems to be a good seal but that will be broken when I try to get the bottle off". Laughter has become close to schreiking.


"Hey Lyn it's working ok". "That's good" she replied.


After a minute or two.


"Hey Lyn! I need a hand". "What's the matter"? she asked.


"I need a hand to get the bottle off". Laughter is now uncontrollable and body shaking violently.


"Hey Lyn"


"Yes Tom"


"Lyn, could you cut the top off the bottle for me please" - More shrieks of laughter.


I then thought 'I don't need another circumcision' - "Don't worry Lyn. I'm sure I can manage this."

Don't know why,but that was the only time we had a rest stop on the whole trip.

No images available for this chapter

No comments: