Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chapter 32 - Tontouta, Noumea to Gold Coast, Australia

This is the last leg. Noumea to Gold Coast.

I am sure that I will experience a major sense of relief when we first make contact with Hawaii Air Traffic Controllers and by the time we land in Noumea, I will have a developed an increased level of confidence in VH-EXS and be reasonably certain of reaching Australia.

At this point of time, I expect the first contact with the Air Traffic Controllers at Coolangatta will be the moment I will breathe a big sigh of relief.

Don't know what happens at that time in relation to Customs, AQIS and Immigration, but I guess we will be met and welcomed and checked.

Then it will be a flight to Bankstown where the tanks and radios will be removed, before I take off on my first solo in EXS from Bankstown to Moorabbin where it must undergo another annual inspection and check that all Australian AD's have been complied with before it is given a Certificate of Airworthiness.

With all of that in mind, I anticipate that VH-EXS will finally be allowed to fly in Australian airspace some time in May.


Click on images to enlarge

No comments: