Friday, January 15, 2010

Chapter 1 - Flying my new Piper Saratoga II TC from USA to Australia - Page 1


Hi!

Initially I produced this blogspot as a test site for an add-on to the Australian Piper Society web site at piper.org.au.

I have now decided to use it temporarily to tell the story of my purchase of a 2000 model Saratoga II TC single engine aircraft and of the process and ferry flight to get it from USA to Australia. At the time of starting this, the aircraft has been bought and has been checked by a mechanic in the USA and we anticipate flying commercially to Los Angeles late next week and we will then start the flight home to Australia as soon as the winds are favourable.

Over the next couple of weeks I will chronicle the purchase, the preparation for flight and the actual flight across the Pacific.

The first 8-10 posts will deal with the purchase of the aircraft, so if you are not interested in that phase, wait until around 20th January and I will be into the planning and then the actual flight, with reports as we progress subject to time and internet access. The departure date is weather dependant after 23rd January.

Hope you find it interesting.

Tom Courtney

1 comment:

Alex Rabe said...

I am waiting for the next article for purchase and preparation for flight and the actual flight across the Pacific of Piper aircraft.